Student fees are collected and deposited into the Student Trust Account. Funds are to be transferred to the general operating account once the course is completed and all student evaluations and assessments are collated.
- A student can claim a full course refund if it has been cancelled prior to commencement.
- A student can claim a short course refund if it has been cancelled prior to commencement.
- All student handouts and books purchased separately are non-refundable.
Refunds require justification at the time of application. The following may not be considered as justification in isolation:
- failure to attend all or part of the course; or
- failure to pass any part of the assessment process.
Refunds are not automatic. All students must apply for a refund. An application for a refund can be obtained at the Front Office.
Your application will be considered and, subject to approval, Front Office will process the refund to you or a third party who has paid your fees.
Under banking regulations, if a student has made a payment with a credit card any refund must be credited to the original card. It may take up to seven (7) working days before the credit appears on your account due to bank processing practices.
It is the responsibility of the student to retain the original invoice/receipt/docket of payments. Upon receipt of a refund, the student will be requested to return the original
invoice/receipt/docket of payments.
Please click here to access the Refund Application Form.